1) What personal information we collect
Depending on how you use our services and our website, we might collect the following kinds of information about you:
- As a customer, prospective customer, or user of our Site, we may collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, school name, grades, country and information about the age of the children.
- We may also collect details of other interactions that you have with us, together with any other information that you choose to provide us with, for example, through your interactions with our customer and technical support teams.
- We also collect your payment card details that are stored and protected in accordance with best industry practice.
- In the case of teacher / parent subscriptions, we seek consent from them at the time of purchasing and registering the product to use the information collected.
- Registrants who do not give this consent (or do not have this consent provided on their behalf) cannot provide us with their personal information and cannot use the Site. You can however withdraw your consent at any time.
- We do not however collect any unnecessary personal information from Registrants (for instance, information about religious beliefs).
- It is impractical in most circumstances for you to remain anonymous, and we may not be able to interact with you, provide access to the Site, or answer your enquiry if we are not able to identify you or collect your personal information.
2) What we will do with your information
The information collected from Registrants, customers or prospective customers may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide access to our products and services, or to provide quotes or offers for, and updates about, our products and services;
- to send a confirmation notice to the Registrant of the registration;
- to administer and manage accounts, including password resetting, responding to questions raised by Registrants, to contact the Registrant about any problems with the Registrant’s account or conduct on the Site.
- to send out a Educational App Store newsletter or emails about the Site including information about current events, changes, improvements, upgrades, and rules of the Site.
- for administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes relating to our products and services.
- for marketing purposes, but only where we have express or implied consent to contact someone or we are otherwise permitted by law to do so. Registrants may also opt out at any time by following the specific opt out instructions within the communications that we send.
3) How we use your information to personalise the service we offer you
- to help us communicate with you. We use information about where you are, for example, to provide content in the most appropriate language
- to identify you when you access our websites from different devices
- to identify your likes and dislike. We look at which of our website pages you visit most or which destinations you visit most frequently to understand what you are most interested in
- to understand more about your preferences and your purchasing habits – our data analytics tools and segmentation tools allow us to match you with customers who are like you. Sometimes we use data and/or systems provided by third parties as part of this process.We know that similar customers are interested in similar products and services, so we group similar customers together in ‘segments’. We use segment information to improve our communications with you and recommend to you those services we think will be most interesting to you, including new products and services offered by our partners. We also use it to make sure that we show you adverts which we think will be of most interest to you when you visit through our website pages.
For more information about cookies and how you can manage cookies and remove them, please refer to our Cookies Policy (see below), and our Privacy Interface.