- 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- *Tokyo 2020 unveil “Hope Lights Our Way” slogan for Torch Relay.
- The 2020 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXII Olympiad and commonly known as Tokyo 2020.
- Host city: Tokyo, Japan
- Dates: 24 Jul 2020 – 9 Aug 2020
- Motto: Discover Tomorrow
- Opening ceremony: 24 July
- Closing ceremony: 9 August
The mascot for the Olympics 2020 is named Miraitowa while the Paralympic mascot will be known as Someity. Miraitowa is a combination of the Japanese words for future (The name MIRAITOWA is based on the Japanese words “Mirai”(future) and “towa” (eternity) connected together. This name was chosen for the Olympic mascot to promote a future full of hope forever, in the hearts of all the people in the world.) and eternity while Someity comes from a popular cherry blossom variety “Someiyoshino” and echoes the English phrase “so mighty.”
* The 2016 Summer Olympics
- The 2016 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXI Olympiad, were held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 5 August 2016 to 21 August 2016.
- The theme of the 2016 Rio Olympics was “World peace and Environment”.
|# Motto||: – A new world (Portuguese: Um mundo novo)|
- Mascot : – Vinicius
|* Nations participated :-||207|
|* Athletes participated :-||11,237|
*HIGHEST MEDAL WINNER COUNTRY WERE UNITED STATE (USA) – GOLD(46), SILVER(37), BRONZE(38) TOTAL 121.
- 117 Indian athletes participated in Rio 2016
- India and Mongolia ranked 67 with in Olympics 2016
- India bagged only 1 silver & 1 bronze medal –
|Silver||P. V. Sindhu||Badminton||Women’s singles|
|Bronze||Sakshi Malik||Wrestling||Women’s freestyle 58 kg|
|Men’s Singles||Andy Murray||Juan Martín del Potro|
|Men’s Doubles||Marc LopezRafael Nadal||Florin Mergea
|Women’s Singles||Monica Puig||Angelique Kerber|
2018 Winter Olympics
- The 2018 Winter Olympics, officially known as the XXIII Olympic Winter Games, and commonly known as PyeongChang 2018 is scheduled to take place from 9 to 25 February 2018 in Pyeongchang County, South Korea.
- Host city: Pyeongchang, South Korea
- Dates: 9 Feb 2018 – 25 Feb 2018
- Stadium: Pyeongchang Olympic Stadium
- Motto: Passion
2017 WORLD PARA ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS OR PARALYMPICS
|GURJAR Sundar||Men’s Javelin Throw F46||Gold|
|KUMAR Amit||Men’s Club Throw F51||Silver|
|KUMAR Sharad||Men’s High Jump T42||Silver|
|BHATI Varun S..||Men’s High Jump T42||Bronze|
|Karam Jyoti||Women’s Discus Throw F55||Bronze|
Important points on OLYMPICS
- The Greek Olympics, thought to have begun in 776 BC.
- The modern Olympic Games begun in 1896.
- Olimpico : An Olympic goal, also called an “Olimpico,” is a goal scored directly off of a corner kick without contact by another player.
- The Olympic flag has a white background, with five interlaced rings in the centre: blue, yellow, black, green and red. This design is symbolic; it represents the five continents of the world, united by Olympism, while the six colours are those that appear on all the national flags of the world at the present time. Some believe that blue = Europe, yellow = Asia, black = Africa, green = Australia and red = America. The white background signifies peace.
- The Olympic flag was created by Pierre de Coubertin in 1914.
- India sent its first athlete to the Olympics for the 1900 games.
- Norman Pritchard was the first medal winner in Olympics(1900).
- In 1923, a provisional All India Olympic Committee was formed, and in Feb 1924 the All India Olympic Games (that later became the National Games of India) were held to select a team for the Paris Olympics. In 1927, the provisional Indian Olympic Committee formally became the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
awards and honours 2019
- The Most Prestigious Literary Awards In The World winner 2018 & 2019
- The Asian Games 2018 or Jakarta–Palembang 2018
- The Golden Girl Hima Das – Dhing Express
Summits & Conferences