Nobel Prize winner 2018
Nobel Prize 2018
Nobel Prize winner 2018 in Physics
|USA||“for the optical tweezers and their application to biological systems.”|
|France||“for their method of generating high-intensity, ultra-short optical pulses.”|
Nobel Prize winner 2018 in Chemistry
|Frances H. Arnold||USA||“for the directed evolution of enzymes.”|
|George P. Smith
Sir Gregory P. Winter
|“for the phage display of peptides and antibodies.”|
Nobel Prize winner 2018 in Medicine
|James P. Allison
|USA||“for their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation.”|
Nobel Prize winner 2018 in Literature
|Literature||The Nobel Prize in Literature will once again be awarded, and this autumn Laureates for both 2018 and 2019 will be announced.|
Nobel Prize winner 2018 in Economic Sciences (The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel )
|William D. Ordhaus||USA||“for integrating climate change into long-run macroeconomic analysis.”|
|Paul M. Romer||USA||“for integrating technological innovations into long-run macroeconomic analysis.”|
Nobel Prize winner 2018 in Peace
|Denis Mukwege||Democratic Republic of the Congo||“for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.”|
|Nadia Murad||Iraq||“for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.”|
Some important points on Nobel Prize
- Annual awards are given in the fields of Physics,
Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature, Peace, and Economics.
- First established in 1895 at the will of the Swedish inventor Alfred Nobel.
- All the Prize except Peace Prize awarded at Stockholm, Sweden.
- Peace Prize awarded in Oslo, Norway.
- The Prize is not awarded posthumously.
- The Nobel Prize in Physics, Chemistry, Economic and Science presented by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine is presented by the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institute.
- The Nobel Prize for Literature presented by the Swedish Academy.
- The Nobel Prize in Peace presented by the Norwegian Nobel Committee.
- Youngest Nobel Laureate- Malala Yousafzai for Peace in 2014.
- Oldest Nobel Laureate- Arthur ashkin for Physics in 2018.
Indian Nobel laureates:
- Till now, 12 Indians (5 Indian citizens and 7 of Indian
origin or residency) have been awarded Nobel Prize
- The first person of Indian origin and also first Asian to be awarded the Nobel Prize was Rabindranath Tagore for his works “Gitanjali” in 1913.
- First Indian recipient of Nobel Prize in Physics was C. V. Raman for his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him” in 1930.
- First Indian recipient of Nobel Prize for Peace was Mother Teresa in 1979.
- First Indian recipient of Nobel Prize in Economics was Amartya Sen in 1998.
- First Indian recipient of Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was Har Gobind Khorana for their interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis in 1968.
- First Indian recipient of Nobel Prize in Chemistry was Venkatraman Ramakrishnan for studies of the structure and function of the ribosome in 2009.
- The only woman from India in the list of Nobel Prize recipient is Mother Teresa.
awards and honours 2019
- The Most Prestigious Literary Awards In The World winner 2018 & 2019
- The Asian Games 2018 or Jakarta–Palembang 2018
- The Golden Girl Hima Das – Dhing Express
Summits & Conferences